By the time you and your groom are ready to work on the seating chart, it can seem hard to muster the effort. His cousin does not get along with his aunt, your parents are divorced and remarried and can not stand each other’s new spouse…the list goes on and on and the worries can be exhausting! Here at Venues in Paradise, we come across these dilemmas all the time and we truly sympathize with each new couple, so here are some tips to make planning the seating arrangement a little less stressful!
- A new trend is simply having table numbers and listing names under each number, without specific seats.
- No seating chart! Just let the guests sit where they would like and choose a color coded card for the meal choice they selected so to help the caterers.
- A buffet and scattered seating make for a casual and light hearted special day.
- Put the enemies across the room form each other, and keep the peace.
- Assign this task to one of the bridesmaids or special helpers, that way you can not be held responsible for silly feuds, and they probably would not lash out at your friend!
That’s all this time. Hope you find this post helpful and best of luck to everyone!
After the question is popped and the yes is replied, or the idea becomes an event to be scheduled, the next and most important decision is the venue location. These days the options seem endless, from banquet halls at hotels to private estates with luxurious settings, sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming. So, how does one decide which venue suits their needs? Here at Venues in Paradise we understand that each event has a person attached to it, and therefore we would like to tell you why an estate event allows for individuality to shine through. Read the following points to see the major differences between a banquet hall and a private estate.
- A hotel ballroom usually comes with a ton of stipulations, such as only being able to decorate within the perimeters of what they allow, whereas with a private estate your creativity is limitless. No matter how much décor is added to a banquet hall, it is almost impossible to conceal the fact that it’s simply a large room inside of a hotel. But with a private estate your vision comes to life amongst a picturesque environment filled with magical gardens, elegant artwork and well designed ambiance.
- In today’s world, there is a mounting trend for “do it yourselfers” or DIY, and hotels tend to frown upon anything that steps outside of the pre-picked ideas that they have used in the past. VIP not only encourages DIY, but we will help you make sure your visualization becomes a reality.
- One of the most advantageous things about having your event take place at a private estate is the focus is 100% about you and your affair. There will never be a double booking, which often happens with ballrooms, and results in being rushed or bumped to a different location. You can have the calming guarantee that the estate you choose is absolutely yours for the duration of the event.
- And perhaps the thing that makes a private estate so appealing is the flexibility to transform your concepts into something that has never been done before, leaving a lasting memory for you and all your guests to have for a lifetime.